Are you looking for an inspiring New Years reading bulletin board for your library or classroom?
I wanted to get a fresh board up to inspire the kids at my school to read and I also wanted to highlight some of the new books in our library.
Check out this super easy idea!
Amazon Affiliate links are included in this post. Please see my disclosure for full details.
I really like how colourful this new board is, although I think that the letters would have looked better against a lighter colour background like yellow (but I wasn’t about to paper it all over again!)
Materials for the New Years Bulletin Board
- Background poster paper to cover board
- A colourful bulletin Border paper like this one below:
- Pre-cut Colorful Circles 4-Inch Letters
that spell “New Year! New Books! Resolve to Read More in 20**!
- Jackets of books that have been removed, or colour photocopies of covers of new books
- Disco balls of various sizes (I got mine at the dollar store!)
To attach the disco balls, I just stapled the thread to the board.
I plan on rotating my covers a few times before I take this board down altogether – that way, I’ll get at least a month and a half out of it!
Looking for other New Year’s ideas for the classroom or library? Check out my list of fun New Year’s Books for kids of all ages.
Do you do a special display for the new year? I’d love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment below.
Keep on “READ”venturing!